July 13: CDC/NPHIC EP Webinar: The Impact of Public Health Emergency Preparedness Activities
Join us for this month’s CDC/NPHIC Emergency Preparedness Webinar:
Topic: The Impact of Public Health Emergency Preparedness Activities (NPHIC Webinar)
Jul 13, 2017, 2:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Attendees will learn:
- Preparedness efforts that pay off during actual public health emergencies
- Challenges, opportunities and how to make the most of them in a public health response
- Whether/how to put preparedness products to use for best benefit
The National Public Health Information Coalition (NPHIC) assisted the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO) with a project conducted on behalf of CDC to demonstrate how emergency risk communication preparedness activities translate into a more effective emergency response.
What preparedness efforts pay the biggest dividends when an emergency occurs?
- CERC, JIC, and ICS trainings
- Outreach to trusted leaders
- Having informational materials “on the shelf”
- Assigning a single person, e.g. the Governor, to be the sole spokesperson and “face” of the emergency
Join the webinar with digital audio, video and presentation formats from a PC or Mac. You may also join through iPad, iPhone or an Android device, (app download required through your app store).
On Jul 13, 2017, 2:00 PM Eastern Time, please click this link to join!
If you cannot join through digital means, you may join by telephone: Dial: +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) or +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
Webinar ID: 138 888 409
International numbers available: https://cdc.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=KvmpMdhPp96UQv92jYCLtXXWSnyHqsBy