June 28 Webinar – Climate Justice and Health: Educating for Change
Climate Justice and Health: Educating for Change
Wednesday, June 28, 2023 | Virtual | 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm ET
Join us for an insightful webinar that explores the complex dynamics of climate justice, environmental justice, systemic racism, and their profound implications for health. Gain practical strategies to apply this knowledge in your daily practice, empowering you to take action, build relationships, and make meaningful contributions toward addressing these critical challenges within your community.
- Understand – Gain an understanding of the issue by defining the key concepts of climate justice, environmental justice, and systemic racism and their impacts on health.
- Connect – Recognize how these issues manifest as health concerns in their daily work and identify specific instances where these issues arise for health practitioners and land managers.
- Act – Learn how to identify, develop, and foster relationships with community leaders to collaborate on these critical issues.
- Dr. Lisa Patel, Executive Director, Medical Society Consortium on Climate and Health
- Sonja Lin, Urban Connections Manager, Urban Connections, USDA Forest Service
- Lucy Molina, Environmental Justice Director, Black Parents United Foundation / Brown Parents United Foundation