How we collect and use information
You do not have to identify yourself or provide your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address (“Personal Information”) to use the Site.
If you should choose to give us your Personal Information, you decide how much information to provide. At various points we may ask for your e-mail address, thoughts and comments. We will use your e-mail address to provide you news and information about The Medical Society Consortium on Climate and Health.
We may use Personal Information:
- to respond to your inquiries;
- to inform you about important information regarding the Site,
- to deliver marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, including, ads or offers tailored to you;
- to personalize your experience on the Site;
- to allow you to apply for products or services (e.g., to prequalify for a mortgage, apply for a credit
- for business purposes, including data analysis, audits, developing and improving products and services, enhancing the Site, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns;
- for risk control, for fraud detection and prevention, to comply with laws and regulations, and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements;
Non-identifiable website visitor data may be collected and used in aggregate to help shape, direct, and improve content of the Site.
IP Addresses and Log File Data
The IP address is the location of your computer or network on the Internet. We log your IP address for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes. We also use page hits in the aggregate to track the popularity of pages that people visit in order to improve the quality of the Site. There is no Personal Information collected in our log files.
Opting Out Information
Subscribers to our email list may terminate their subscriptions via a link at the bottom of each email sent from medsocietiesforclimatehealth.
Children’s Privacy Statement
To help ensure the safety and privacy of children, we comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. We do not knowingly allow children under the age of 13 to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information through the Site. The Site is not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under 13, and we have designed it to block our knowing acceptance of information from children under 13 whenever age-related information is requested.
If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of 13 as part of the Site, we will delete such information from our records.
The Site has a number of security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of the information under our control. Computer systems have restricted access limited only to those persons and organizations necessary to its proper functioning. This access applies to all electronic and physical security measures. Highly sensitive data including credit card information is additionally secured through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. Our servers are located in a locked, secure environment.